Monday, May 17, 2010

Moody Monday

I'm not moody but the weather sure is this morning.I have been such a putz about keeping up to date on this blog.  The new gallery has been the priority of late and now I'm beading like crazy to get ready for the Crosby Park Show in Toledo late in June.  AND I have been taking an Art Doll workshop with Kevin Buntin. Not coming up with any pretty little baby doll or fairy....mine is more of a female ogre out of Dark Crystal...this ol' broad has definitely been hit with the Ugly Stick. But I'm having a great time working on her.
Let's see....I have Wilde Jewels for the jewelry and Wilde Hare for the paintings...need a name now for the 'dolls'.
This is something I have wanted to do for years but avoided because I knew it would lead to another obsession.  I just 'happened' to have been collecting clay, various scrap materials, doo-dads, mohair hair, etc.  Now I'm ordering books, tools..slobbering late night over dollmaker websites....here we go.........

The above necklace features a pendant by Lisa Kan that I got at B&B last year. I've been calling it Haiku Spring.

  And this one is by Gail Crosman Moore.  Wave Dancing seems to fit.

I hope to see both artists again this year at the Bead&Button show next month.
Along with Wayne Robbins and Judy Mountain and Shirley Cook.