Tuesday, January 12, 2010


Have spent/wasted most of the morning working on computer glitch...sigh. At least the sun is out for the first time in days. The photo is one I took yesterday morning of some misguided robin, sitting unhappily in "Sugar's Tree". He seems to be looking wistfully at last summer's nest above him.

I sort of feel like he does....I'm normally an upbeat person but January seems to bring out the worst in me. I suppose it's from looking ahead to sweating out art show juries, arrival of house taxes, impending dental repairs, tackling organization of beads (again), dealing with the cat who insists on pissing on my carpet..and so forth. Fortunately this mood never lasts long. After all, to be self-employed for about 45 years, you have to be an optimist and a gambler at heart....or crazy.

Perhaps the cure will be to start on a couple projects. Have a raven's head glass piece by Wayne Robbins and a client who wants a "manly" necklace incorporating a peregrine falcon. I intend to try sculpting that head out of polymer and fastening it to a large round moonstone I have. Yeah....that's what I'll do...cleaning the kitchen can wait....